R&D Director Prepress
In this role you will lead the R&D team consisting of people with diverse technical expertise and will be responsible for identifying, developing and implementing innovations with respect to laser imagers and plate processing equipment (for processing photopolymer printing plates) including mechanical design, optics, electronics and related software.
- Might require mechanical, servo-controlled, pneumatic and micro piezo-controlled movements accurate to (sub-)micrometer scale.
- Might be built around a very advanced optical module consisting of high or low power lasers, lenses, mirrors, fibers, micro-optics and modulators
- Might contain very advanced electronics to provide the lasers with the data required to operate at very high speeds.
- Are controlled by and need to collaborate with different types of software ranging from close-to-hardware software to C++ solutions, advanced Matlab functions, cloud solutions, remote diagnostics
- Have to be designed in compliance with applicable regulations
As integral part of the development process you will be:
- Defining the R&D strategy and development road map for Prepress in alignment with the Vice President Technology
- Guiding the new designs through a Phase Gate process towards market launch including a structured hand over process from beta-test machines to the production of commercial models.
- Consulting with customers, sales, production, technical service and application technology to continuously improve existing product lines and to identify ideas for the next step change innovation.
As a team leader you will be responsible for:
- The health and safety of the team members and their career development in collaboration with the team members.
- Defining the required skills within the R&D team to meet future challenges
- Hiring required talents.
Wat wij van jou vragen:
- Technical education, minimum master, or equivalent by experience
- Know-how of machine directives that apply to the design of machines, electronics, optics, mechanical design and software programming (e. g. Matlab), would be an advantage
- Understanding of the flexo plate making process or the principles of the repro workflow for flexographic platemaking is beneficial
- Proven leader of a divers R&D team or similar experience
- Proven track-record in identifying innovative ideas and in running large R&D projects on time and within budget
- Diversely interested, hands-on person with a strong passion for technology and desire to learn new things which will allow you to create innovations by thinking outside the box and based on your knowledge base of a variety of technical challenges and solutions from various technical areas
- Self-starter with a structured work approach
- Able to attract, lead, develop and collaborate with people with diverse technical educations and across functions
- Used to strive for sustainable solutions while keeping the economic requirements in mind
- Keen to engage with customers to learn about their needs, potential shortfalls of our product offering and for root cause analysis in case of repetitive issues with our products
- Good presentation skills
- Stress resistant
- Fluent in English, if not fluent in Flemish, you are willing to learn Flemish (Dutch)
Wat wij jou bieden:
- We are "a company on the move" - This gives you the opportunity to contribute ideas and implement new ideas
- Space to develop yourself further
- We offer advanced training to ensure personal development
- We offer you a secure job in a global company
- You can join a motivated and dedicated team
- We offer a competitive salary package including attractive extra-legal benefits