If you are looking for a high paced analytical position, keep on reading! This international energy trading company based in the centre of Brussels is looking for a new analyst to determine market risk. A few examples of your day to day activities would include:
- Determining metrics such as Value at Risk and Stress testing.
- Maintaining daily reports of market exposures about profit and loss in the energy market.
- Coming up with new trading strategies
- Work together with back office and accounting teams to provide assistance with closing and reconciliation activities on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Looking for causes regarding shifts/moves in the profit and loss for commodity markets.
- Make sure traders are complying with predetermined rules and authoritarian bodies.
- Ensuring data, references and reports are relevant and tidy
- Uphold relationships with both internal and external stakeholders. These can range from the customers to the internal IT department.
- Keep up to date with energy market trends and distribute your findings with relevant personnel.
Analysing market trends in the energy market is a challenge not everyone is able to face. To ensure that the right person is chosen for this position, it is crucial to posses the following experiences and skills:
- Fluent in English
- Adept at using the Microsoft office package
- Prior experience with Visual Basic for Application and Python. Programming is not part of your core activities but will be present.
- Able to flawlessly communicate with internal and external parties
- In possession of a university degree in a relevant topic such as engineering, statistics, economics or mathematics. Not an exhaustive list of course.
- At least three years’ experience in a commodity trading environment, bonus points for experience in the energy market
- Familiarity with programs such as Endur or other Energy trading and risk management systems or other business intelligence tools (PowerBI, QlikSense)
As a market risk analysist you will be rewarded with the following:
- Competitive salary based on your profile and prior experience
- Experience in a globally active company
- Comfortable set of extra benefits
- Fixed contract from the start