R&D Teamleader Embedded Software Development
A company dedicated to service providers and enterprise is looking for someone to provide technical support to worldwide customers (operators & integrators) in order to validate solutions and win projects. This company provides value to their customers with advanced technology solutions that support their business economics and adapt to the transformations they face. As R&D Teamleader you will lead and coordinate a local team of 10 junior & experienced developers in Leuven, reporting to the local Team Manager.
You will play a key role in the follow-up of your team for the creation of embedded software for the routers. You will work in a multidisciplinary team to develop and integrate proprietary and third-party technologies into a comprehensive and cost-efficient design.
You will ensure to accomplish your projects & tasks on time & within budget, in accordance with the goals setup by the company.
- Manage a team of embedded software engineers
- Workload estimation & resource allocation
- Daily follow-up of technical progress & issues
- Assist the team members during development
- Work closely with other team leaders and development teams
- Participate in architecture definition & write technical specifications
- Review coding of implemented modules
- Investigate, analyze and document reported defects
- Create, implement, and maintain technical documentation
- Monitor and report on the status & progress of your team
- 75% technical development + assistance & 25% managing + leading your team.
- Work in a multi-site & multi-language environment with different R&D centers.
Wat wij van jou vragen:
- Master’s degree in engineering or Software Development
- At least 5 yrs experience as Team Leader in a technical R&D environment
- Fluent in English (both verbal & written).
- A knowledge of networks, broadband and telecommunication environment
- Expertise in C coding
- Good ability to interpret requirements & technical specification documents
Wat wij jou bieden:
- Permanent job in an enthusiastic team in Leuven (part of a global team)
- A competitive salary with extra legal benefits