The Site Supervisor assists the foreman with the construction, erection, installation, fabrication, and repair of industrial cooling towers. He must be able to carry out assigned duties without the constant supervision of a Foreman. The incumbent must work diligently to ensure tasks are completed safely, efficiently, on time, and to quality standards.
He works on site, entrusted to sub-contractors or service providers from the client. He is the representative of the company on site and maintains the relationship with the client.
- Assist with the installation of mechanical parts (motors, fans, and shaft alignment)
- Assembling of framework and distribution network
- Read building plans for information pertaining to type of material required, dimensions of the structure or fixture and liaise with Foreman for direction
- Assist the Project Manager with the selection of materials to be used on the assigned job
- Marking, cutting and measurements on materials using pencil, chalk, and marking gauge
- Shaping materials to prescribed measurements using saws, chisels, and grinders
- Take part in the meetings with the client and subcontractors
- Maintain reports containing the instructions to the client, the issues encountered, the progress, the organizational advice to the client, the information provided internally to different services (project manager, technical, assembly, ...)
- Establish traceability and follow-up documents and ensure their proper application once the work is completed
- Inform the Project Manager proactively and suggest corrective actions for his approval when problems are encountered on site
- Apply basic mathematics to solve problems
- Repair, install, adjust, or maintain industrial equipment
• Basic knowledge of structural, mechanical, and piping installation
• Experience in the industrial sector and mechanical assembly is an important asset
• Qualified VCA technician or willing to be.
• Driver licence, rigging, forklift, and man lift certification are advantages
• Physical demands: must be able to kneel, crouch, crawl and climb. Must be able to occasionally lift 25 kg.
• Work environment: hazardous chemicals are typically produced or stored close to the work area, work in confined spaces and at an elevation above 3 meters
• Ability to handle a large volume of work and perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Good organisation skills
• Be able to work manually
• Be able to read and understand drawings
• Personal qualities: diplomatic, flexible, patient, persevering, sense of initiative, resourceful, independent
• Willing to work on site, mainly in Belgium, but ready to travel in the Benelux
• Fluent in written and spoken Dutch, English and French
Salary ranges for the Supervisor : 40k – 50k